Mediterranean Tuna Cake Salad
SERVINGS: 4 | PREP TIME: ½ hour (not including marinating time) | COOK TIME: 5 minutes
Fresh greens paired with a crisp yellowfin tuna cake and a hand-prepared Mediterranean salsa
- 2 cans (4.5 oz. each) or 4 pouches (2.5 oz. each) Portofino Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 well-beaten egg
- ½ cup fresh, shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced tomato
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. fresh, chopped basil
- 4 diced canned artichokes
- 10 diced kalamata olives (¼ cup)
- ½ tsp. white wine vinegar
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 bag (6 oz.) spring mix
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- ½ diced red pepper (~1 cup)
- Mix the salsa ingredients together in a medium glass bowl. Let marinate for 2–3 hours or overnight.
- Mix the tuna, egg, cheese and spices in a medium bowl until well-combined.
- Place the bread crumbs on a large plate.
- Form the tuna mixture into four ½ cup patties, and cover with bread crumbs.
- Heat the oils together in a large frying pan. Place the patties in the pan, and cook until browned. Flip and cook until the other side is browned and cooked through. (Cheese should be melted.)
- Divide the spring mix between four plates. Top with cucumber and red pepper. Add one tuna cake on top of each salad, and top with ~¼ cup salsa.
Tuna Polenta Cakes
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|