Baked Stuffed ZucchiniSERVINGS: 4 | PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: 30–45 minutes
Fresh zucchini and Yellowfin Tuna with Basil Pesto make a flavorful dish
- 2 pouches (2.5 oz. each) Yellowfin Tuna with Basil Pesto
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 zucchini (small), sliced in half, with seeds scooped out
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup finely diced red pepper
- 1 cup chopped portobello mushrooms
- ½ cup shredded Fontinella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, and scoop the seeds out to make a well in each. Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium sauté pan. Add the onion, red pepper and mushrooms. Sauté until the onion and pepper are softened and the liquid is cooked out of mushrooms, and they are lightly browned.
- Add the tuna to the vegetable mixture, and place 1–2 Tbsp. of the mixture in each zucchini half.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top, and cover the pan with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30–45 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.
Baked Stuffed Zucchini
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|