Florentine Zucchini Roll-upsSERVINGS: 10 | PREP TIME: 45 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes
Delicious yellowfin tuna paired with Italian staples creates this classic dish
- 4 pouches (2.5 oz. each) Portofino Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced vertically into thin (1/16-inch-thick) planks (~30 planks)
- 1 beaten egg
- 3 cups light Ricotta cheese
- 1½ cups shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 minced garlic cloves (1 tsp.)
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 ½ cups marinara sauce, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the zucchini on a mandolin or other slicer to get long, very thin planks. Lay them flat on two sheet pans, and sprinkle them with salt. Let them sit for ~30 minutes to draw out any excess moisture. Pat dry.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg, cheeses, garlic, spinach and pepper. Gently stir in the tuna.
- Place 1½ cups of marinara sauce in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan.
- Place 2 Tbsp. of the cheese and tuna mixture on each zucchini plank, and spread out to a half-inch of each end. Roll the zucchini loosely, and place it in the baking dish. You should be able to fit 30 rolls in the dish.
- Cover with 2 cups of sauce, and top with ½ cup mozzarella cheese; cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove the foil and continue baking for 5 additional minutes.
Florentine Zucchini Roll-ups
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|