Mediterranean Tuna Tartines with Pesto Cannellini Beans and Fresh ArugulaSERVINGS: 4 | PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: 0 minutes
A modern, upscale twist on the traditional tuna sandwich — easy, flavorful and delicious.
- 2 cans (4.5 oz. each) Portofino Solid Albacore Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 peeled medium garlic clove
- 1 oz. fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) drained and rinsed cannellini beans
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ small red onion, thinly shaved
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium (¾-inch thick) slices of fresh sourdough bread, toasted until dark golden-brown
- In a mini food processor, combine the garlic clove, fresh basil leaves and extra virgin olive oil. Pulse until mostly smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl with a spatula to ensure that the ingredients are incorporated evenly. In a medium bowl, toss the pesto with the cannellini. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the arugula, shaved red onion and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Toss gently with your hands until lightly dressed (adding additional lemon juice, if necessary), and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pesto cannellini beans onto the toasted sourdough slices, add tuna pieces and top with the arugula mixture. Serve immediately.
Mediterranean Tuna Tartines with Pesto Cannellini Beans and Fresh Arugula
|Nutritional Info||Amount/Serving||% DV*|
|Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|