Deconstructed Mock Nicoise SaladSERVINGS: 2 | PREP TIME: 15 minutes | COOK TIME: 11–14 minutes
Hold your lunch to a higher standard, with Albacore tuna in extra virgin olive oil, Kalamata olives and blanched green beans — all freshly sealed in a portable jar.
- 1 can (4.5 oz.) Portofino Solid Albacore Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped pickled beets
- 2 red potatoes, sliced
- ½ cup 2-inch green beans
- ½ cup quartered artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup halved Kalamata olives
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2–3 cup baby butter lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. honey mustard dressing
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 8–10 minutes, until just tender. Remove them, and run them under cold water to cool. Toss with dressing, and set aside.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for 3–4 minutes, until crisp tender. Remove them, and place them in ice water to cool quickly.
- Layer salad components, starting with the beets, at the bottom of the jar. Top with cooled green beans, potatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and tuna, finishing with lettuce.
- Seal the jar lid tightly, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to eat, turn the jar over a large bowl, and gently dump the ingredients into the bowl.
Deconstructed Mock Nicoise Salad
|Nutritional Info||Amount/Serving||% DV*|
|Calories from Fat||100|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|