Italian Style Tuna and Orzo Stuffed PeppersSERVINGS: 8 | PREP TIME: 20 minutes | COOK TIME: 30 minutes
Delicate orzo and yellowfin tuna baked in sweet bell peppers — a delicious Italian-style twist on an American classic!
- 2 cans (4.5 oz. each) Portofino Solid Albacore Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 bell peppers, mixed colors
- 4 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups small dice zucchini
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced orange pepper
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- ½ tsp. dry oregano
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- ½ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice peppers in half and clean out the center. Place pepper halves in two 13x9 pans with ½ cup of water in each.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan and sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until just softened. Add zucchini and chopped bell peppers and continue to cook until they are just soft.
- Place orzo in a large bowl. Mix in zucchini and pepper mixture and combine well.
- Add herbs and tomato sauce and tuna and mix well.
- Divide mixture between the pepper halves. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, covered with foil. Remove foil and top with shredded cheese.
Tip: Split peppers into two separate pans. Prior to cooking, wrap one pan with plastic wrap and freeze for cooking later!
Italian Style Tuna and Orzo Stuffed Peppers
|Nutritional Info||Amount/Serving||% DV*|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|*Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|